The curriculum at Post-16 includes a strong emphasis on personalised learning, including a range of options, practical vocational learning and work placements, online learning and enrichment.
External work placement opportunities are paramount to successfully preparing post-16 learners for the world of work and life. Therefore partnerships with local employers and community partners play a large part in the development of this curriculum.
Personalised Learning and Progression Pathways are tailored to support bespoke packages of provision which aim to progress cohort onto further and higher education, paid or voluntary work, traineeships and apprenticeships.
Progression and continuity in English and mathematics will be secured through specialist teaching of reinforcement of practical elements of literacy and numeracy across the curriculum under the leadership of specialist Leaders of English/Literacy and Maths/Numeracy. Levels from Entry 1 up to GCSE.
The post-16 curriculum also incorporates assembly and Mindfulness subjects.
Hairdressing, Barbering and Beauty
- NOCN Award/Certificate in Creative Hair Studies
- BTEC Award/Certificate in Introduction to Hair & Beauty
- BTEC Entry 3/Level 1 Award in land based studies
- NOCN Basic Food hygiene
- Food Hygiene Certificate
- Edexcel BTEC Level 1 Award in Basic Cooking Skills
ICT & Business Admin
- Pearson BTEC Entry Level Award in Business Administration (Entry 3)
- Pearson BTEC Level 1Award/Certificate/ Diploma in Business Administration
Sport & Fitness
- Pearson BTEC Level 1 Award/Certificate/ Diploma in Sport and Active Leisure
Health & Social Care
- Pearson BTEC Entry Level Award in Health and Social Care (Entry 3)
- Pearson BTEC Level 1Award/Certificate/Diploma in Health and Social Care
- Edexcel BTEC Level 1 Award in Introduction to Health, Social Care and Children’s and Young People’s Settings (QCF)
- Pearson BTEC Entry Level/Level 1 Award in Public Services (Entry 3)
- Edexcel BTEC Entry Level Award and Certificate in Personal and Social Development
- NOCN Level 1 Award in Pre-tenancy
- CSCS card
- Pearson BTEC Entry/Level 1 Award/Certificate in Construction
- NOCN Economic Wellbeing & Financial Literacy
- Pearson BTEC Entry Level Awards in Workskills
- NOCN Introduction to Motor Vehicle Maintenance and Repair (E3)
- BTEC Level 1 qualifications in Teamwork and Personal Skills in the Community
- NOCN Level 1 Award in Understanding Healthy Living